MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with list function when posting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm working on getting around how things work in 1.8 on a test board and I've noticed an issue with lists not working right.

I don't know if it's a setting or what, but when I make a bullet or ordered list, I only see the code (see screenshot)

it seems to work fine on this board.
I tried all the different editors and it's the same.

Font sizes and colors work as well as font styles.

I'm not too crazy about the new editor and if I can make it so it's like the one in 1.6+ I'd be happy. The one on 1.8 seems to be overriding anything I do manually as well (turned off wysiwyg in ucp).

1. seems to work here
  • working here

[attachment=35035]
The usage of HTML tags in posts is not allowed by default.

You can create an unordered list with.....

[list]
[*]list item
[*]list item
[*]list item
[/list]

...and an ordered list with
[list=1]
[*]list item
[*]list item
[*]list item
[/list]
No SvePu, this is not user created html. This is using the list buttons on the editor.

All the board settings are at default for now.

If I try to manually do it like you showed, it reverts back to the code I showed you in the screenshot.

UPDATE:

Upgraded the test board to 1.8.6 this morning hoping it fixes my issue and it does not.

ADD TODAY:

I checked a couple of boards I installed for people using 1.8.5 and .6 and they work fine.
I'm going to wipe out this board since it's a test board anyway and give it a try again from scratch.
OK well, This morning I wiped out the entire database and the files for my test board and tried those lists again.

Using the STOCK editor and STOCK settings, this is weird. I did notice that the mycode for 1800 lists is different than the mycode for lists on 1.6*

you can see the mycode showing for this latest installation and test HERE

EDIT TO ADD:

If you notice the code is different on the link above compared to what shows if I click EDIT on the first post in this thread and it reveals the code in this screen shot.
My tech and I cannot figure why it is different for us. Nothing on the server can possibly cause this.
This also has halted all attempts to upgrade to 1.8* until I know this matter is resolved.

[attachment=35412]
That is strange because i still use 1.6 on my other testboard and when I create a list from the dropdown it makes it using the list / list as SvePu said. I dont use HTML in posts though.
(2015-10-22, 03:12 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]That is strange because i still use 1.6 on my other testboard and when I create a list from the dropdown it makes it using the list / list as SvePu said. I dont use HTML in posts though.

I have no problem with my 1.6 boards. This is unique to the 1.8* test board I JUST installed.

I only enabled the html thing as a test to see if it had any bearing. I don't allow html in posts normally. I couldn't think of anything else to try as to why the codes are so different.
[list]
[*]one
[/list]
That is the same in 1.8 as 1.6, that is what I am trying to say. I dont get what the ul li thing is about.

Can you provide a testing account for that test board?
(2015-10-22, 04:13 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]
[list]
[*]one
[/list]
That is the same in 1.8 as 1.6, that is what I am trying to say. I dont get what the ul li thing is about.

It's the WYSIWYG editor that is the issue here.
  • This is created with the WYSIWYG editor here.
  1. As is this.
Both of which create the correct MyCode in the posts. However, on her test board they create bbcode tags that look like html tags. The only place I see these in the file system is in the various jscript files for sceditor. I even see code that looks like it's meant to convert these to the proper codes, but doesn't.
(2015-10-22, 04:13 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]
[list]
[*]one
[/list]

test account made. PM on it's way with the credentials.

Leefish - the "fix" you suggested did not work. Sad

This is a WYSIWYG editor issue!

I turned the editor off in my UCP and although it's a bit of a pain in the butt, it WORKS as you can see HERE

There needs to be a setting in the ACP to turn off the WYSIWYG editor as well as a choice for users.
The editor is not the issue. I hotlinked the bbcodes_sceditor file to another install of MyBB, and then it worked.

Your server is rewriting the url. Check the server - htaccess etc. Alternatively, rename the file, (but that makes upgrading a pita) to NOT have bb in it.
Pages: 1 2