MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 403 Forbidden Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I've recently migrated servers from one that was php5.2 to one that is php5.5. I haven't changed anything since the migration and suddenly I've been getting this error, here are some of the details.

Mybb version: 1.8.5
Php version: 5.5.21
SQL Engine: MySQLi 5.6.23

ERROR MESSAGE: 

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /newthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

- The same message also appears when replying or editting as well.
- Some users can still make small posts as long as it doesn't include html or [] tags.

It was my server host that suggested asking here for a resolution. I've tried changing the chmod to all different combinations but it's currently set to 644 (it worked on 644 before the php version was changed).

Mod_security is turned off for my domain. They also tried numerous other things involing my htaccess and things on their end too.

Is there something else that could be causing this issue that we have overlooked?
This is 99% not a bug, moving to support.

Which plugins are you using? Show results of ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> File Verification.
I turned off all plugins and the problem persists. Below is a list of all plugins, again all of these were working fine before we switched to php5.5 except for DVZ Mentions (0.5.1) which required php5.5 to work. However I have uninstalled DVZ Mentions (0.5.1) and the problem still occurs.

Enhanced Account Switcher (2.0.7)
Awaylist (1.7.1)
Disposable Email Blacklist (1.0)
DVZ Mentions (0.5.1)
HTML in Posts (1.6)
NewPoints (2.0)
OUGC Pages (1.0)
PHP and Template Conditionals (2.0)
Staff Page (1.0)
Thank You/Like System (1.9.3)
Thread Description (1.1)
Threadlog (0.6)

The File Verification brought up one item:
inc/languages/english/global.lang.php - changed. (I edited one line but it worked fine when we were using php5.2 before we switched to php5.5).

I've also just upgraded to mybb 1.8.6 but the error is still there unfortunately.

Are there any settings to do with the length or permissions for thread length that might cause this?

When I try to reload the page when the error appears the page loads with a new mybb error:

Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button.

I've contacted my host and they have increased post_max_size to 30mb but still nothing is working.
(2015-09-08, 11:41 PM)Debain Wrote: [ -> ]I've contacted my host and they have increased post_max_size to 30mb but still nothing is working.

Are you sure they did? Is that value visible in ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> View PHP info?
They claim to have upped the limit but it is not showing in the php info, they have put me on hold to check.

Ok it has definetly been updated, I can see the php info has updated it but when I view the php info on the tools in the admin cp it doesn't accept the changes?
(2015-09-09, 01:05 AM)Debain Wrote: [ -> ]Ok it has definetly been updated, I can see the php info has updated it but when I view the php info on the tools in the admin cp it doesn't accept the changes?

I'm not quite sure what you tried to say here. But if the ACP tool still shows a low size, then there's the problem and we can only advise to contact your hosting.
Ok it is now showing the post_max_size as 32m. The error messages are still happening so that doesn't seem to be the problem?

I've also tested this on another forum, a brand new one and again the same problem.

I really don't know what else to try?
What's your hosting?
A similar problem here for reference: http://community.mybb.com/thread-176825.html