MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change "AdminCP Folder Name"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is it?
This security precaution owing to you can change AdminCP Folder Name.
I change folder name of admin such: management. You use another name.Start now... Smile

Open inc/init.php and find:
$config['admin_dir'] = "admin";
Replace:
$config['admin_dir'] = "management";

Open inc/config.php and find:
$config['admin_dir'] = 'admin';
Replace:
$config['admin_dir'] = 'management';

Enter your FTP file and admin folder's name change such: management

Your forum is more security now Wink
Very nice tutorial.
rcpalace Wrote:Very nice tutorial.
Thx for ur comment...
Sad it doesnt seem to work on mines - i remember i tried this before but i keep getting this...
Quote:Warning: main(/home/alterna/public_html/forum/admin/adminfunctions.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/alterna/public_html/forum/management/global.php on line 27

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/alterna/public_html/forum/admin/adminfunctions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/alterna/public_html/forum/management/global.php on line 27
It's already done by Mybb Staff look at this thread

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...991&page=1
You shouldn't to the inc/init.php stuff though.
Jag100 Wrote:It's already done by Mybb Staff look at this thread

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...991&page=1

Thats where i tried it before - i remember seeing that post a while back but i keep geting this...
Quote:Not Found
The requested URL /forum/admin/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
it doesnt seem to have changed the name from admin to the one i specified - even someone else tried it for me and it just doesnt seem to be working on my forum Sad
This tutorial creates bugs with MyBB and should not be used.

If you are having a problem with the tutorial you should have posted in the thread.
That error is totally different to the one your saying is happening now.
Pages: 1 2