MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin CP slow response
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,
I just installed MyBB 1.8 on my bluehost hosting, right now I am facing one problem in the admin cp, whatever i try to do the response from admin panel is slow. For example -
I activated a plugin and the page didn't show the green message which tell Plugin successfully activated but when i visit other sections of admin cp then I was able to see that message.
Can anyone help in this regards?

Regards
Puzzlemaster
looks like your database server is not responding fast. you have to ask the web host to fix it.
(2015-09-09, 04:29 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like your database server is not responding fast. you have to ask the web host to fix it.

I contacted them, they said there is no problem from database side.
Without disrespect, I believe you're the only one experiencing this. It can only therefore be server-side, check your ping?
Is it 1.8.6 ?

Not sure if it's relevant or not but there are two other threads about slow after upgrade:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-179045.html

http://community.mybb.com/thread-178452.html

If it is 1.8.6 they may wish to know.
(2015-09-13, 01:55 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]Is it 1.8.6 ?

Not sure if it's relevant or not but there are two other threads about slow after upgrade:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-179045.html

http://community.mybb.com/thread-178452.html

If it is 1.8.6 they may wish to know.

This is not the case, i am using dreamhost and whenever i click or do any action i see it's results after 2-3 page navigation.
What you are describing is an issue with the database server. MyBB is putting those error messages in the session which is then saved in the database. This can be a problem with the engine or misconfiguration.

Suggestion:
Try using "127.0.0.1" for database host.
Contact your host and ask them if they can find evidence of database crashing/auto-repair.
(2015-10-10, 12:47 PM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]What you are describing is an issue with the database server. MyBB is putting those error messages in the session which is then saved in the database. This can be a problem with the engine or misconfiguration.

Suggestion:
Contact your host and ask them if they can find evidence of database crashing/auto-repair.

I don't see any error but whenever I am doing any changes in admin cp for example, i Activated a plugin.
It will show me the green message that Plugin has been activated after i click Template , Users and Groups two three times.
I don't see an error but it takes time to show any changes. Can you tell what can be issue ?
MyBB installation is perfect, it is happening with any site i install at bluehost.
(2015-10-10, 03:14 PM)Puzzlemaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-10, 12:47 PM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]What you are describing is an issue with the database server. MyBB is putting those error messages in the session which is then saved in the database. This can be a problem with the engine or misconfiguration.

Suggestion:

I don't see any error but whenever I am doing any changes in admin cp for example, i Activated a plugin.
It will show me the green message that Plugin has been activated after i click Template , Users and Groups two three times.
I don't see an error but it takes time to show any changes. Can you tell what can be issue ?
MyBB installation is perfect, it is happening with any site i install at bluehost.

I think it's simply Bluehost's fault (yeah, its easy to blame the host, but sometimes the issue really is on their end). If changes take time to show up I'd simply switch to a better host because your database might crash any time - unless you keep hourly backups this is a problem. You are also making the browsing experience less enjoyable for your users.

Before you move though, install a clean MyBB instance using a different database and check if the problem reoccurs.
(2015-10-10, 05:25 PM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-10, 03:14 PM)Puzzlemaster Wrote: [ -> ]

Suggestion:

I think it's simply Bluehost's fault (yeah, its easy to blame the host, but sometimes the issue really is on their end). If changes take time to show up I'd simply switch to a better host because your database might crash any time - unless you keep hourly backups this is a problem. You are also making the browsing experience less enjoyable for your users.

Before you move though, install a clean MyBB instance using a different database and check if the problem reoccurs.

Okay, I will install again but can you suspect what may be the issue which is causing this ?
Pages: 1 2