MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Paid Access to some sections of MyBB forum.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I want to set up some sort of paid subscriptions to some forum sections on my main board. Ideally what I would like is to be able to grant access for a limited period say 6 months before the subscription expires.

I could easily set up an e-commerce transaction that could email registered users a password to a forum on the board. The problem with this though as I see it is that I would need to monitor every sign up in order to remove their privilages when their subscription period ends.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could have paid subscriptions that gets around this problem?

Thanks
Confused I am positve you deleted the old one and made this thread with the exact same message Confused but oh well.

Moving on.... well, in the transactions thing, you will need to add the following SQL commands, add say a 'paid' feild with the date they paid to their account, and put them in their own usergroup. That would work for like apply, paying, and being in an account with the permissions to see the board.

Then whenever your on the forum, or like once a week, do a script thing that changes anyone with a date in 'paid' feild larger than 6 months and if so removes them from the group and clears the 'paid' feild.

Hope your good with php, although it doesn't seem to hard to do Smile
k776,

The thread you are probably talking about is: http://www.mybboard.com/community/showth...p?tid=1501
Thanks k776,

Appreciate the reply. Unfortunately, I am new to php and MyBB so would'nt know where to start with the 'paid' field suggestion or the script suggestion?

Any help would be greatly apreciated from any of you guys.

BTW - Am new to MyBB so apologies for the similar post. I didn't get a reply on the other thread and was'nt sure what to do.

So thanks for your reply.

Cheers

maybe just create a special usergroup and charge them with paypal. then just manually remove them from the usergroup when their accounts expire. its probly the easiest way if you arent expecting a lot of people to pay.