MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: i cant add url links to my posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello everybody,
i have a little problem. when i try to add a link to a post like test (of course without space between the test. and it does not link when i press it (i cant press it at all).what could be the solution for this.
Not spamming are you ??

It works fine here...

[url=http://test.com]test[/url]

test
levent Wrote:hello everybody,
i have a little problem. when i try to add a link to a post like test (of course without space between the test. and it does not link when i press it (i cant press it at all).what could be the solution for this.

Did you set "Allow MyCode" for that forum-section to "yes" ?
Lex,

Sorry about the spam thing.. Wink It appears you are having more than your fair share of problems.

Just for interest, try chmodding config.php to 644 and settings.php to 666.

Some servers won't allow 777 for security concerns. You may even want to look at the error.log generated at the server as it could throw some light on the problem.. You could even post it here.. Smile

It may even fix your smtp problem...
LeX- Wrote:Did you set "Allow MyCode" for that forum-section to "yes" ?

thx lex for rply. yes every mycode is allowed only html is not allowed it si still on its defaults. thank you again for your reply

Lopalong Wrote:Lex,

Sorry about the spam thing.. Wink It appears you are having more than your fair share of problems.

Just for interest, try chmodding config.php to 644 and settings.php to 666.

Some servers won't allow 777 for security concerns. You may even want to look at the error.log generated at the server as it could throw some light on the problem.. You could even post it here.. Smile

It may even fix your smtp problem...

no problem (abaut the spam thing Smile ) lopalong. thank you vry mch for ur answ. my host server works with a windows os so i cant change the permissions on my self but i will let my host change it as you said. you could be right. any way i cant read my error log too, i just can reach a normal log directory but there is nothing important they all look like :

2007-03-30 06:05:17 W3SVC118 RESELLER11 85.159.66.198 GET /forum/images/thead_bg.gif - 80 - 88.230.173.102 HTTP/1.1 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+SV1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50727;+InfoPath.2;+ImageShack+Toolbar+3.0.8) mybb[lastvisit]=1174577219;+mybb[lastactive]=1174732799;+loginattempts=1;+mybbuser=2_4DVrinV6xaoa8rIhaJbRNacPmYGANpzQUhwcVyIctKJpaTgZ72;+PHPSESSID=43e8617d5bf30fc21e222cf1128a03c9;+sid=9a0dadcec04d315aed8aaa77d9af4ffb http://www.cetinturknigde.com/forum/show...=29&pid=43 www.cetinturknigde.com 200 0 0 857 695 171 long long lines

i will let the permissions change hoping it will work. ill post the results.
Yep! Windows uses write permissions in much the same way as WinXP etc..

Do you have FTP access to your spot on the server. ??

Better still... why don't you crunch windows, and go to a linux server... (Lop runs for cover...) Smile Smile Smile
Lopalong Wrote:Yep! Windows uses write permissions in much the same way as WinXP etc..

Do you have FTP access to your spot on the server. ??

Better still... why don't you crunch windows, and go to a linux server... (Lop runs for cover...) Smile Smile Smile

i used it before.i have already bought this win account. Sad this host hasnt a right linux server for me. so i must use this. i have the right to change my account (without pay more money) just if i see a certain point that it has something to do with win servers . than i can change it. but it dont seems to do something with win. other way  you are right linux is better but... Smile.

yes i have ftp access to my server
Tell you where it may be falling down...

Winserver does NOT like Unix paths as in ../folder/whatever, or .././folder.
It has to have the FULL paths such as: http://www.yoursite/folder/whatever.
I don't know too much about it, or if MyBB uses Unix syntax / strings in it's programme; but I do know it is a pain.. Sad

Any chance your server host is Godaddy ? The reason I ask is:

1. Its cheap, $US4.00 a month.
2. you can also switch operating systems there too... Wink
3. You have FTP and 10 Db
4. Access to the server logs cost more. Sad
5. I use it because I'm not heavy into forums.
6. And there's lots of bandwith and disk space...

Smile

And while it's somewhat restrictive... It beats most of the more expensive mongrel IP's that took my money for nothing. Grrrrr! Smile Smile
Lopalong Wrote:Any chance your server host is Godaddy ? The reason I ask is:

1. Its cheap, $US4.00 a month.
2. you can also switch operating systems there too... Wink
3. You have FTP and 10 Db
4. Access to the server logs cost more. Sad
5. I use it because I'm not heavy into forums.
6. And there's lots of bandwith and disk space...

Smile

And while it's somewhat restrictive... It beats most of the more expensive mongrel IP's that took my money for nothing. Grrrrr! Smile Smile

i have no complaints about my host (i have already paid 62$ Smile )

Lopalong Wrote:Winserver does NOT like Unix paths as in ../folder/whatever, or .././folder.
It has to have the FULL paths such as: http://www.yoursite/folder/whatever.
I don't know too much about it, or if MyBB uses Unix syntax / strings in it's programme; but I do know it is a pain.. Sad
that sounds possible lopalong. i dont know the construction of MYBB. i am still waiting the permissions.
Had a lot of problems with Winserver and .cgi / .pl (perl).. applications. Sad

Linux Servers, from memory has 80% of the market... Do yourself a favour and switch to it. Wink

Now I'm out of here... And the Win experts will have to help. Smile

I just thought of something... Don't you have a cPanel or any other Panel application to access your webspace ??
Pages: 1 2