MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: no image verification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hascet Wrote:^done but it still doesn't work...

it seems to be working now, it shows the image when I click on register Wink
hascet, please clear your cache and try again.

Cheeers
Tikitiki Wrote:Can you re upload global.php and your language files?
Done
Tikitiki Wrote:Re upload the fonts in inc/captcha_fonts
Done
hascet Wrote:GD is enabled, any other suggestions?
Checked.

I am having a similar problem on another forum of mine. hascet did you get yours working and if so, how? Sorry to bump the topic, but it was all I could find in a google search :p
Hi DennisTT,

I got the same problem after making a new forum install. I reinstalled the global.php and all language files, including the inc/captcha_fonts. My GD Support is enabled. Still no captcha fonts show. I also did clear my cache... I found this through:
captcha.php?action=regimage&imagehash=ac09bb2a658759878f539fb7ed8d980e

Any ideas??

Thanks
Yeah, mine is still not working. I thought others could see it when visiting the first time, but I am still getting people say they don't see it.
I found the problem. It was the "directory path" in the captcha.php file on line 49. Since my directory structure is (www.mysite.com/main/forums), I had to adjust line 49 to reflect (main/forums) inturn to read (../inc/captcha_fonts). Now the captcha letters are showing now.

FIND:

// Get a list of the files in the 'catpcha_fonts' directory
$ttfdir = @opendir(MYBB_ROOT."inc/captcha_fonts");

CHANGE TO:

// Get a list of the files in the 'catpcha_fonts' directory
$ttfdir = @opendir(MYBB_ROOT."../inc/captcha_fonts");

NOTE: This will only work if your forums folder is inside another directory after your home URL www.mysite.com

Hope this helps anyone who has the same problem I did.

Cheers
Where are you finding captcha.php?

Edit: Never mind, I found ii.
Pages: 1 2