MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to completely delete myBB plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When we upgrade to major version of myBB most of the previous plugins stop working. 

While most of the plugins are able to uninstall themselves , I wonder what is the best way to delete those plugins completely?

If I simply delete the PHP files corresponding to the plugin, it won't delete the accompanying files that came with the original plugin. 

Is there some sort of a best practise to accomplish this task?
unfortunately No... you have to manually uninstall the plugin to revert the template edits and delete tables from db (if added any) and then delete the files manually from the various folders...
This really involves a lot of tasks and labour and you just have to follow mmadhankumar advice.
Thanks for the response. I wonder can't myBB follow a similar system employed by wordpress to install and uninstall plugins.
They have such a seamless experience without having to worry about db, tables and file system.
^ basically plugins should be deactivated before upgrading MyBB system to a major version.