MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL Error After Posting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
After submitting a post, instead of getting the redirect page after I get this error,

" MySQL error: 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE uid='1'' at line 1
Query: UPDATE mybb_users SET lastpost='1175272621' , WHERE uid='1' "

I don't have any background in computer sciences - so I don't really know what this means. The error suggests that I edit mybb_users file, but I'm not sure if I should really do that.

This has only popped up recently, hand-in-hand with a really slow connection recently. I know my it's not my bandwidth, and the forum is normally faster.
I am currently using a free webhost plan w/ awardspace.com, and I haven't found the error with them so far (but I'm thinking about upping to a paid plan).
The last thing I did before it started slowing was probably importing a theme, could that have an effect?

Could someone please help me out with this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again.

- Lewis
http://ctbc-connect.awardspace.com
What version are you running?
Supposedly I'm running 1.2.3 I believe. But for that you mention it, when I click VERSION CHECK under adminCP, it says "There was a problem communicating with the version server. Please try again in a few minutes."
And it's been like that for a day or two now.
You should be able to see the MyBB Version on the homepage of the Admin CP (when you first login to the Admin CP, or click Admin CP Home in the navigation). The Version Check doesn't work on all servers.
Yes I am running v1.2.3 - however version check worked before.
So does anyone know what the problem with forum is?

Error after posting:
"MySQL error: 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE uid='1'' at line 1
Query: UPDATE mybb_users SET lastpost='1175272621' , WHERE uid='1' "
Have you modified any code?

I'm pretty sure this is a non-standard error thats happening.
No I haven't modified anything...
The only thing i recall that might be involved is
the "Inventory Shop" plugin i tried to implement, but didn't work. however, i never changed any coding in the php files other than those included in the plugin. afterwards, i deleted the plugin and the associated php files.
Looks like some of the files were modified somehow.

Can you restore your inc/datahandlers/post.php file with a fresh one from MyBB?
Thanks, I'll try that!
Yes it's fixed (so far, so good)!
Thanks for your help everyone!