MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb 3.1.5 attachment merge error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I have installed a fresh copy of MyBB 1.8.6 and am attempting to merge my old phpBB 3.1.5. It's gone great up to the attachment merge and I get this mysql syntax error. I've search for a solution but haven't found one. So here is the error, png style:

[attachment=35050]
Hmm, not sure where that error comes from, never had it myself. Will retest tomorrow (not at home today).

Just some guesses:
Have you run all other modules before?
Were there any errors/messages?
Is the old attachment directory readable?
Yes everything else ran just fine, no errors. I'm trying to get some better logs but not having much success. I'll check the file permissions but the old site is working OK afaik. Thanks

I have tried everything I know to do. One thing I noticed is that on the first try, it imported three to four pics and then failed on one pic. Each time I retried it imported that same one pic and stopped functioning. Could it be a problem with the file format? I don't get that error.
For some reason 'post_msg_id' seems to be empty or invalid which then causes an error. However I wasn't able to reproduce that case locally. Can you send me a database dump via pm so I can take a look?
The issue is caused by orphaned attachments: https://github.com/mybb/merge-system/issues/182
I've a fix locally, going to run a last test and will commit that fix afterwards
Huh. I went through all optimizations and thought I covered that... I'll check it out. Thanks again.

I grabbed your changes and it worked for me here. I haven't checked everything so I'll report back if there's anything amiss. Thanks for your help!