MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users visited today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the bottom of the index of a mybb forum it shows the active users in the past 15 minutes.  I know you can change the number of minutes to 1440 if you want it to display the users active in the past 24 hours, but how can I change this to look a little better?

I don't want it to say "1 user active in the past 1440 minutes".  I want it to say "1 user active today" or even "1 user active in the past 24 hours".

I've seen this done before but I can't really figure out how.  I didn't see a mod for it but maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Thanks in advance for your support.
i believe this plugin works with 1.8 as well by changing the compatibility...
Doesn't quite work unfortunately. It looks very weird, like the formatting is very 'off' and stretches the entire page. On top of that, it adds an extra "who's online" rather than just showing one :/

Is there no way to just manually edit the text from "1440 minutes" to "24 hours" ?
(2015-09-12, 05:59 AM)katz Wrote: [ -> ]Is there no way to just manually edit the text from "1440 minutes" to "24 hours" ?

it should be there in...

ACP >>Configuration  >> Languages  >> Edit the language variables >> index.lang.php

but editing that would no longer take the minutes you specify from the settings automatically...
Okay, I fixed this by playing around with the language files! If anyone else would like to know an easy way to do this:

First go to Admin CP > Configurations > Who's Online and enter "1440" for minutes if you want to display users online in the past 24 hours (1440 minutes in 24 hours).

Then to change the text on the Who's Online from "1440 minutes" to "24 hours", you need to use ftp and find your file /inc/languages/english/index.lang.php

Find
 $l['online_note'] = "{1} {2} active in the past {3} minutes ({4} {5}, {6} of whom {7} invisible, and {8} {9})."; 
and change it to
$l['online_note'] = "{1} {2} active in the past 24 hours ({4} {5}, {6} of whom {7} invisible, and {8} {9})."; 

Yup I found it! Thank you!