MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A couple of problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, I'm having two problems.

1) I have been receieving complaints about the avatars not working. Meaning when they try to upload an avatar it does not work. They get an error message that says "The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again."
We have tried different formats like .jpg .png .gif but none work. And YES, the avatar folders are chmoded to 777. So what should I do?

2) I am trying to download a backup of my database using the Admin CP, but once I click download, the file downloads as backup_457.sql but once I open that file, inside the file I get an error. and the database is not in there. I'm not going to post the whole error, It might be a little insecure, but here's a part of it:

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Out of memory (allocated 24117248) (tried to allocate 20709613 bytes) in 

The database is about 50mb.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
1) Please provide a link to your forum
2) Is 'Sequential backup' checked, when you run the backup?
Tikitiki Wrote:1) Please provide a link to your forum
2) Is 'Sequential backup' checked, when you run the backup?

1) http://aaspforum.com
2) I don't see "Sequential backup" anywhere.

Thanks for the fast reply tiki
2) Are you running 1.2.3? There should be a 'Perform a sequential backup?' option in the 'Backup' page.
Yea 1.2.3 and I don't see that anywhere..
Resolved on IRC

Uploads directory & Avatars directory weren't chmod'ed 777, and the avatars upload path was wrong. both fixed
Thank you Tikitiki, IRC FTW.