MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: cdn/proxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what cdn/proxy is everyone using?
I dont pay for a CDN. I link to the google or bootstrap cdn for most of my javascript/fontawesome. With a low image theme I cant see the need for a paid cdn.
I use Cloudflare's free plan. It does what I need it to.
CloudFlare is my CDN of choice, if anything I'd upgrade to current plan to have the additional features and support through them.
I will probably use cloudflare once letsencrypt.org is ready for live use in Q4, 2015. cloudflare allows you to use your own certificate on free accounts, plus enabling strict https and hsts.
+1 for Cloudflare, i use them for most of my sites and it's great they have a lot of nodes around the world.

Another one you could take a look is incapsula.
(2015-09-22, 06:48 AM)perrubi Wrote: [ -> ]+1 for Cloudflare, i use them for most of my sites and it's great they have a lot of nodes around the world.

incapsula wants $59/month to use SSL on their systems. Undecided
(2015-09-23, 08:10 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-22, 06:48 AM)perrubi Wrote: [ -> ]+1 for Cloudflare, i use them for most of my sites and it's great they have a lot of nodes around the world.

incapsula wants $59/month to use SSL on their systems.   Undecided

I wouldn't go with cloudflare to be honest. If you want SSL encryption you are better off going with a more vanilla CDN which only works for your resources directory and also gives you the possibility to access your resources through a subdomain of theirs which has wildcard SSL. There are many reliable CDNs which let you pay on-demand.

Unfortunately I don't have too many positive things to say about cloudflare, mostly because you would be giving them too much control. There is no point in telling your visitors that the communication is secure when a 3rd party is managing the traffic for you.

Protect your website from a range of online threats from spammers to SQL injection to DDOS.
False, MyBB wasn't built to work on a CDN like Cloudflare. Several features (like avatar download) will betray/leak the origin IP giving you no DDoS protection. The sql injection part is just a marketing stunt...

Analytics
Useless but not harmful.

Optimization
Quote:Web pages with ad servers and third party widgets load snappy on both mobile and computers.
In simple terms they might or might not modify your content before sending it to the end-user.