MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem In Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I have mybb version 1.6 and I was upgrading to latest version. I followed all mentioned steps and found that I got new one mybb without any old data in database.
My old database was replaced with new blank database.
I am importing my old database data in new mybb 1.8 through “myphpadmin” but did not work at all.
I want to know that is there any structure change? And how can I resolve this issue. If any database convertor require then please provide me.
Thanks!
(2015-09-14, 05:20 AM)himmat Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I have mybb version 1.6 and I was upgrading to latest version. I followed all mentioned steps and found that I got new one mybb without any old data in database.
My old database was replaced with new blank database.
I am importing my old database data in new mybb 1.8 through “myphpadmin” but did not work at all.
I want to know that is there any structure change? And how can I resolve this issue. If any database convertor require then please provide me.
Thanks!

Hi.

I had the same problem last time update to MyBBB

You may need to update the caches using the tool in the ACP.

ACP->Tools & Maintenance->Cache Manager.
^ That's not a solution to his empty database.

@himmit, did the upgrade process finish? If yes, the database should be ok. If not, reinstall 1.6 from backup and make sure you go through every step. Database changes may take even few days on huge forums due to IP conversion and other new features. Also read: http://community.mybb.com/thread-178452-...pid1183190 and revert the code before upgrading to 1.8.6.

You shouldn't use a 1.6database with 1.8 files under any circumstance.