MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL-Error upon deleting account pending activation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning.
Sorry to disturb you with this, as MyBB appears to be running great, so far.

I have successfully updated MyBB from 1.8.5 to 1.8.6 and am testing the forum at
www.nepmso.lautre.net/forum. Do not bother to check out everything. A lot is already translated to French.

To test translations, I have created several test-accounts. Today I tried to delete an account which is pending activation and get the following SQL-Error :

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
        1064 - Erreur de syntaxe près de ')' à la ligne 1
Query:
        DELETE FROM mybb_userfields WHERE ufid IN()

(formatted as code for the special character masking)

While it is difficult for me to evaluate which circumstances could help you analyse the problem, here are some details.
  • I was running two sessions, one with an administrator account, one where I tried out what the “non-active” user can already do and see on the forum.
  • Having changed the user's usergroup (without activating his account) appears to have created havoc in the database, as upon login as the non-active user, I had *ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS*. Cookies may or may not have an influence, but I am talking too much... but hey.., at least, an administrator deleting his own account would explain a lot. Is MyBB prepared for that?
The account had not been deleted.
It is now, as I have logged out from every session and effectuated the removal of the account as an “ordinary” administrator in a new session.

I have no further questions on this issue, but deem it important to convey the information... if this is English. Dodgy
You can't delete super admins specified in inc/config.php, neither your own account. Normally nothing would happen, but now there's a bug which throws an SQL error.