MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mod getting /forum/moderation.php contained the virus "JS/Exploit-Blacole.he
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:.m.
^ virus warning might still appear.
if the file does not appear as changed in file verification then you can ignore that warning.
Do you mean that if the virus warning appears, but modification.php doesn't show as changed in file verification, then can ignore the virus warning. Is that correct?
I mean first make sure that you have the correct files, then see if you still have the issue. If you DO still have this issue, are you using google ads?
(2015-09-16, 04:03 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I mean first make sure that you have the correct files, then see if you still have the issue. If you DO still have this issue, are you using google ads?
Previous post was in reply to .m....

Yes, I've reuploaded the whole package... I didn't run the installer. Files not showing as changed in the checkerĀ (except for missing /install files)...

My moderator is reporting he's still seeing the McAfee warning

Yes, using Google Ads, but he doesn't see the warning anywhere else. Only when going to split a post.
(2015-09-16, 04:01 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean that if the virus warning appears, but modification.php doesn't show as changed in file verification, then can ignore the virus warning. Is that correct?
yes.
(2015-09-16, 04:20 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-16, 04:01 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean that if the virus warning appears, but modification.php doesn't show as changed in file verification, then can ignore the virus warning. Is that correct?
yes.

hmm... Okay. I'm having the host scanĀ the database and file system.

I assume the file checker checks my JS as well for changes?
^ file verification tool available through forum admin panel checks default MyBB system files.
it cannot check plugin files, any other added files ..
Okay... this is what I mean though. You said I could ignore it if modification.php (and js files) not showing as changed.... My point is that it could be something else, and perhaps not proper to ignore?

I'm just asking. Not saying you're incorrect. Just want to make sure I take all appropriate action here. The host has scanned the system with clam-av, but nothing turned up.
^ virus alert is for moderation.php file & it is reported as not changed by file verification tool
its associated files are also not changed as you have replaced all files - so AFAIK that alert can be ignored.

if database is affected by virus then that would result in many virus alerts ! (based on current alerts)
Thank you for clarification .m. I really appreciate it.
Pages: 1 2