MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will You Purchase Mybb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
According to the news mybb if planning to become a purchased item, unless you are planning to use the much lower quality "Light" version.

Full version of Mybb will cost $249, will you be purchasing it?
Heh.

No. Why pay when you can use it for free? Wink

I think you missed something in the announcement, you may want to re-read it.
Yeah I'd pay for anything that's supported by Microsoft.
I cant tell whether april fool is being sarcastic or not.
willow Wrote:I cant tell whether april fool is being sarcastic or not.

Sarcastic.

You did fully read the announcement did you not? Including the "read the full press release" link?
hmm, but theoretical if MyBB ever becomes paid, I'll just change to some new free script.
At least there are tons of free forum scripts
Ok now that i have found out it was just a doop, do you think its such a good idea for new comers? because i almost was about to dump mybb and move to smf or something because i sore it, new comers might stop by and read it then leave again because they will have to pay for it? just my oppinion.
You don't just go and change a forum application (an existing one) from one programming language to a completely different one - especially an already established web application - so that makes it fairly obvious.

Most people will be curious and click the "Read the full press release" page as well.

After the 1st April it'll have a notice at the top explaining the thread.
I usualy just do a quick read over and get the jist and then go make a post about it Toungue
If all the holes are patched... I'd pay for it. Big Grin

Providing that:

1/. It has a good templating system.

2/. Chris Boulton doesn't create a template system that only he understands, and that nobody else want's to, or can't use to create extreme styles... Toungue
Pages: 1 2