MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What am I doing wrong ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all,

I am trying to install some plugins in to my forum, I have been doing the following :

Downloading the plugin and unzipping it.

Going to FileZilla and uploading for example groupmessage.php file to Upload - inc - plugins

It is showing that it has been uploaded to that folder.

I am then going to Admin CP - Configurations - Plugins

When on this page the plugin is not showing up, I have refreshed the page, logged out and logged back in again and it is still not showing up, to activate the plugin.

What steps am I missing, or what am I doing wrong for this not to show up in my Amin CP.

Thank you in advance.

Matt.
Hi.

Basically to install a plugin in MyBB
  • Download the Plugin from MyBB Mods
  • should be uploaded to MyBB Root Folder/inc/plugins
  • Login to Admin Panel MyBB: Admin Control Panel -> Configuration -> Plugins
  • Click the Install or Activate links to install the plugin.
For more Support, Documentation MyBB Plugins

More information to install Mods MyBB with Pictures examples.

You Are Welcome!
Thank you Diego for your reply.

This is exactly what I am doing though. The only difference is that the plugin I was trying to install was not from MyBB Mods, but from cybertechforums.

Once I have uploaded the .php plugin file to root/inc/plugins using Filezilla I go to Admin CP and go configurations, plugins and the plugin is not showing up at all to either activate or install it. I also downloaded another plugin from MyBB Mods, metag.php and again uploaded this to root/inc/plugins via Filezilla and again once I have gone to Admin - Configurations - Plugins it is not showing up in there.

I am sure it is something very simple that I am doing wrong, but I can not work it out. Thank you once again.
Hi there,

I have left this open for a few days before replying hoping someone would point me in the right direction to what I am doing wrong, but I have had no replies apart from Diego, which I replied too. Basically he was telling me what I was already doing so even though I appreciated the comment it was not much use to me. Anyway I am still having the same problem and after looking again online I still have not found the solution to my problems, so in the hope that someone will be able to help me I am posting this again with some screenshots this time.

The problem I am having is that when I want to install a plugin it is not showing up on my Admin CP - Configurations - Plugins screen. I have uploaded the .php file to inc/plugin folder using filezilla as seen in the screenshot, it is also showing up in my file manager in Cpanel. As you can also see in screenshot 4 I have followed the correct path to the right folder.

But when I go to Admin CP - Configuration - Plugin it is not showing up that it has been installed. I have refreshed the page, logged out and back in and opened up the Admin CP in Chrome and IE, but to no avail. There is no other files to upload in downloaded folder of "Group messages"  after I have unzipped it. It just states to upload  groupmessages.php to the inc/plugin folder, which as you can see has been done in the screenshots.

On a side note the hello.php is working fine and is showing up in my Admin CP, it has the same permissions as the groupmessages.php I have tried about 5 different plugins and I am having the same problem with them all that they are not showing up in my Admin CP. Some plugins require you to upload several folders in different files which I have done, I have also uploaded the whole file to the root file hoping that would solve the problem.  I have seen some post saying to click the install and activate tab by the plugin but as the plugin is not showing up on my Admin CP I cannot do that.

I thank you once again for reading this and I hope someone out there will be able to point me in the right directions.
^ looks like groupmessage.php is not a plugin file.
upload it to forum root folder (main folder) & access it by visiting forumURL/groupmessage.php
Hi .m.

Thank you for your comment. I re-look at groupmessage and even though the developer where I got the plugin from (http://mods.mybb.com/view/group-message) I noticed it was for the 1.6 version and not the newer 1.8 version of the MyBB forum. So I went and looked for a similar plugin to compatible with 1.8 and downloaded this plugin (http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=121) I unzipped it and firstly uploaded each file to the corresponding file in the MyBB files for example admin/modules/config/bam.php after uploading several files I went to Admin CP - Configurations - Plugins to see if it was there, which it was not. So I deleted all the files I uploaded and tried to upload the whole file to the root file using filezilla, but again it did not show up in my Admin CP when I looked. I have also double checked that I have all the correct folder permission checked off, which I have.

I am at a complete loss, it seems so simple to do but after trying for 3 days I am not able to upload any plugins and see them in my Admin CP to activate them.

Any questions you have please ask or further advice would be most grateful as this is holding me up at the moment. Thank you.

I just went back and put all the files in the corresponding folders using Filezilla to see if it would work again and it did not but I took some more screenshots to show you that they are indeed in the corresponding files and that after doing this it is not showing up in my Admin CP. Please see the attached pictures. Thank you.
^ would you like to PM me temporary access to files (FTP) & forum admin panel to check