MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Font size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm testing out the latest 1.8.6 version of the software with the default template.

I have two questions:

1) How do I make the font size larger when looking at all of the threads, and when viewing a thread?

2) Are there any PSD graphic post buttons so that I can change the words from "post thread" to something else?

Any responses I would really appreciate.
1. search for "font-size" in global.css and change the size for the css elements you want.. for ex. changing the size for ".post_body" would change the font size of the thread content while viewing a thread.. if you want to change the text size of a specific element, let me know the exact element..

2. you dont need any psd files, 1.8 uses css buttons and those text can be changed by editing the language files.. for ex: to change the "Post thread" text, goto ACP >> Languages >> English >> Edit >> forumdisplay.php >> post_thread and edit its value...
(2015-09-20, 07:03 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]1. search for "font-size" in global.css and change the size for the css elements you want.. for ex. changing the size for ".post_body" would change the font size of the thread content while viewing a thread.. if you want to change the text size of a specific element, let me know the exact element..

2. you dont need any psd files, 1.8 uses css buttons and those text can be changed by editing the language files.. for ex: to change the "Post thread" text, goto ACP >> Languages >> English >> Edit >> forumdisplay.php >> post_thread and edit its value...

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I need to change the font where it shows a list of all of the threads.

Like before you click a thread to view it.

Do you know where I can find that at?
that should be changed from "table" but changing the font size for table would change it across all pages not just in the threads list.. try this and let me know how it goes...

add this to global.css and Hard Refresh (Ctrl+F5) the forum to check the changes...

.inline_row [class*="forumdisplay_"] {
font-size: 15px;
}

PS: increase the font size to suit your need...
(2015-09-21, 06:06 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]that should be changed from "table" but changing the font size for table would change it across all pages not just in the threads list.. try this and let me know how it goes...

add this to global.css and Hard Refresh (Ctrl+F5) the forum to check the changes...

.inline_row [class*="forumdisplay_"] {
font-size: 15px;
}

PS: increase the font size to suit your need...
Hello,

no change when I added it to global.css

I am using a different template now rather than the default.

I tried adding it to the .css of the template too and there was still no change.
(2015-09-21, 04:46 PM)primster7 Wrote: [ -> ]I am using a different template now rather than the default.

may i have your forum url...
(2015-09-22, 08:46 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-21, 04:46 PM)primster7 Wrote: [ -> ]I am using a different template now rather than the default.

may i have your forum url...

I actually located the area..

Global.css

Table

I was able to change the font size there to 16px and it looks fine now.
(2015-09-23, 02:10 AM)primster7 Wrote: [ -> ]I actually located the area..

Global.css

Table

I was able to change the font size there to 16px and it looks fine now.

(2015-09-21, 06:06 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]that should be changed from "table" but changing the font size for table would change it across all pages not just in the threads list..