MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Vs Vbulletin ? Whos at the top ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know that if you ask someone that which one is better they will just say : vBulletin is the best

But I want someone who has used both of them and tell me which one is better.

I know that vbulletin is somewhat more powerful but mybb is also pretty good.

Just tell me the things that vbulletin has and mybb doesnt
and things that mybb has that vbulletin doesn't

I am having a hard time choosing between those two.

I will consider one after reading your replies
(2015-09-20, 07:46 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.forummatrix.org/compare/MyBB+vBulletin

According to forum matrix and forum-software.org

both are pretty similar

but Which one is better ?
That depends entirely on your needs and requirements. I recommend trialling both to see which works best for you and choosing the most suitable platform for your site.
(2015-09-20, 09:34 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]That depends entirely on your needs and requirements. I recommend trialling both to see which works best for you and choosing the most suitable platform for your site.

I consider vbulletin because Users at a lot of forums (excluding vbulletin forum) say That its a lot more powerful. (dont judge thats what i read)

They say the things that you need plugins for in mybb are already there in vBulletin. (for example paid usergroups and things like that)
And mybb plugin (mysubscriptions) only has paypal but vBulletin has PayPal,Skrill,CCBill,2checkout,Worldpay,NoChex

Other than that after comparing both of them . they are almost the similar , 

It seems like that vbulletin is better .

Anyways dont you think that 250 is a little bit too much for a software.

MyBB has the same things (just a little less) But its free .

Anyways I already bought it and I am ready to install it.

Thanks,
why vB. there are better commercial alternatives: IPB, xenforo
vB was a great product but really the version 5 it's a shame, if you want to use a commercial product then Xenforo is a much better alternative.
I used vB for 3 or 4 yeas, I don't remember really, it was "fine" but I hate the amount of options you need to configure, and also, the plugin/product system sometimes brings pain to manage (uninstalling).
(2015-09-22, 06:33 AM)perrubi Wrote: [ -> ]vB was a great product but really the version 5 it's a shame, if you want to use a commercial product then Xenforo is a much better alternative.

I know that but you dont know something.

vBulletin 4 comes with the 5 collection.

XenForo's theme sucks and Its Admin Panel sucks aswell.

IP Board is cool but not as much as vbulletin
vB3 and MyBB have been very close IMO. I loved vB due to the number of plugins and I could find just about everything I never needed. I ran a number of sites over the years, some sites went from MyBB to vB and others vB to MyBB. It really depended on the demand of each site.

In terms of how the two work it was very similar that's what made me start using MyBB back during the RC4 days due to the fact I was a teen and didn't have a ton of money to spend on vB. Both have their good points. Example I like how MyBB's plugin system works, not really a fan of how vB does it.

Overall today MyBB comes out on top for me. Today I run MyBB and won't touch vB at all due to the current state of the software. With MyBB I know for a fact there is a future, vB on the other hand nobody know what's going on. For the free forum software I only use MyBB as I think it's the best of them all.
Pages: 1 2