MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vBulletin style menu (with dropdown menus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
flick Wrote:Not sure if this helps at all?

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=12027

Thanks Flick, But that too is "hard-coded" in the English language, and doesn't meet the $lang-> requirements for using it with different languages. Sad
Sorry, I mean, the dropdown menu works, but the link to the whole vB style look doesn't. I just took it out, but Ill put em back in and take a screenshot if you'd like to see what the problem looks like... Smile
The url's to the .php files must be the same as any other script that calls them.

You're also working with a mix of javascript. Either post the script here, or sent it to me in a PM.. Smile

The other thing is the .css... It may not be compatible with the .css anchors that were used to code the Vb style, and have to be changed. Sad

Edit:

And after looking at your Audentio website.... I'll leave You to work it out!

You're using your site to promote other forum software themes, IPB etc. I was of the understanding that this is a MyBB Support forum, not a place to advertise for business. Sad

I use a phpBB extreme forum too.... But I don't promote it here. Neither do I have any links to it from the MyBB Community.

[Image: ban_dftt.gif]
My apologies...this isn't the right place, but since you ...kindly brought it up...

We do a majority of MyBB themes...currently, almost all our themes are MyBB. And free. And custom. Our main forum is MyBB too. I don't really need much support for forum softwares, but I thought I'd give MyBB a more permanent "test" and I'm loving it. So please, don't get me wrong Big Grin.

And I'll take a look at the classes and stuff, thanks.
Peace Brother,

We're all trying to do the same thing, and that's to improve the eye-candy of MyBB.. And I was really impressed with what I saw on your site. Smile

I don't know if you have looked at this or not? But it might be what you are looking for.

It's a javascript overlay that could be used on any forum software or webpage.

Just go to the toolbar on the left and click the BIG red "V", and it will drop-down with a lot of options that can also be categorised.

If you want to use it / discuss it, then please post your questions there.

http://aus-themes.com/MyBB/Themes/portal.php
Lopalong Wrote:Thanks Flick, But that too is "hard-coded" in the English language, and doesn't meet the $lang-> requirements for using it with different languages. Sad

I suppose if one strips out the hard code tags and switch to $lang then it would help? Is there a comprehensive list of all the $lang values at all? Smile

Thanks!
No, there's not. Sad

But that has holes in it too... Not all MyBB $lang-> vars work in all templates. Globals do, others don't.

It would be better to create new lang vars and add them to the golbal.lang.php /*under a header*/

I found that out with the portal.lang.php... The portal is about the only place that the portal language file works. Sad
Lopalong Wrote:I found that out with the portal.lang.php... The portal is about the only place that the portal language file works. Sad

That's normal, cause the only lang file that is loaded in portal.php is the portal.lang ...

In portal.php
$lang->load("portal");

Probably multiple loads will work ...
Multiple loads of other lang files could cause problems with identical strings used elsewhere.

Besides, that would mean editing a "Core" file to achieve the result... Not a good idea when upgrades are added. Best to add to the lang file, they seldom get upgraded. Wink
Sounds like its a really difficult thing to maintain lol! Smile Thanks for the feedback though.
Pages: 1 2 3