MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: p0iz's Blog System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A blog modification (not just a port to Word Press) is something I've been looking forward to for quite some time. I've also been holding my breath for a paid subscriptions modification, but it doesn't seem like anyone is willing to take on that one. I'd also like a more complete gallery than the ones Massacre and Bill released.

I've done some stuff on my own trying to do the best I can with my limited knowledge. I'm learning, but I'm no modder.

The guys who are here do a good job, but I'm voicing my frustration on the inability to court new talent.

I mean we've got what? 10 or so modders here? Well, Ozidave seems to have dropped off. Massacre's showing disinterest in even supporting his released mods, let alone making new ones. Da Dude hasn't updated any of his mods for PR2, nor has he made any ones for PR2. So, that leaves 7 or so.

What are we supposed to be? Elated?

myBB's a great piece of software, better than phpBB and SMF. I'd like to see it prosper. I'm tired of the naysayers, but... how can I defend myBB against the scrutiny of the vBrats and the IPBrats when an inability to court new talent exists and the few modders we have are dropping in number?

Then isn't it a case of getting more people to use MyBB rather than getting people to code? If more people come, you say that more coders will come by default.

And speaking for me, it's my final year in uni so tons of work, esepcially now, 4 assignments and an ongoing project Sad.
I generally like to make large plugins that are technically challenging or unusual, eg IMAP usage, rather than useful ones (I like to push my limits Toungue). A Paypal integration one might be one I'm willing to do (because it's unusual) but I don't know how PayPal works. If someone wants to point me to a link about donation/paying etc then please do so. I'll look into it.
But as I said above, uni comes first Sad.
decswxaqz Wrote:If more people come, you say that more coders will come by default.
Well, the probability certainly increases. Maybe we can get back up over 7 modders.

Oh, well... just frustrated.

so im guessin by what you guys have been chattin about the only way for me to get this hack for a journal or blog is for me to make it myself?

is there a OLD version of this mod?

icester Wrote:so im guessin by what you guys have been chattin about the only way for me to get this hack for a journal or blog is for me to make it myself?
Looks that way.

icester Wrote:is there a OLD version of this mod?
Not that I know of.

ok, i'll give it a shot once i get used to the coding of mybb...

i used to be a modder on a different forum and once i get my barrings i'll make some mods for here :O)

but if someone could make me this mod it would be very appreciated...

thank you
Massacre was on the right track with his journal modification, but hasn't released it as he said he would. You might want to get in touch with him to see if he'd let you take a look at it and see if it would work for you.

dont worry i'll figure something out...

Well, godspeed, brotha.

I'll give a shot after I get a fix for Massacre's gallery. Getting a support for his modifications is always a frustrating adventure. Undecided

i no how ya feel, every hack ive downloaded ive had to do some modifications for it to work with pr2 and ive downloaded it from prs release.... it sucks but i'll get there.... hehe

i'll properly wont have time to do the journal not til a couple of weeks...

thanks for your support tho bro Smile
Pages: 1 2