MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB3.4 merge issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firstly, ran into this problem from this guys thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-176841.html
The patch kinda works. No more error, but it doesn't seem to complete correctly (think it said 2 imported but page is broken and can only pause).

All the fancy editor stuff is not properly converting going from Latin1 to UTF8. Example:
[Image: Screenshotty.2015-09-21.101015.png]

Seems like URL and even smilie tags get broken when converting from IPB RTE (rich text editor). I never used it, but many of my members did and all their posts are garbeled like this with those extra Â characters and broken links/smilies/etc. Also, seems some recursive quotes get closed at first close tag instead of last or closing them recursively.

Member import triggers duplicates even on non-duplicates (unless converting to plain-text?). Schrödinger == Schrodinger according to the merge module.

Avatar import broken (for me) claiming uid not set but does not give any info.
[Image: Screenshotty.2015-09-21.101906.png]

The first time through, it said the member ID it was trying to import at the time, but this time through it just shows "loading" and never does. Wish I had saved the ID it was currently working on and have no idea if this thing has a logger and where it is. If there is, I could probably fix whatever is tripping it up.

Reputation was COMPLETELY lost, despite importing and recounting/rebuilding and recaching.

Signature broke like posts for various tags.

media tags broken, but that's expected, especially requiring "tagged tags" that have to specify the video type. IPB let you post just the link or media tags and it figured it out. Not a huge deal as I can fix this in post.

Forum permissions were completely mangled. Not a big deal. I fixed it, but it took time. Going to be a pain if I have to re-import with updated merge module that doesn't address this as well. Found it annoying that 1-2 groups lost all permissions but posting polls and several groups that should have no rights at all had posting polls permissions (banned, awaiting activation, guest, etc).

Mind you, this database is something like 14 years old, has been converted to IPB, PHPBB, back to IPB, and now to MyBB. Not surprised things have broken.

All in all, I'm impressed with the forum software, the converter, and the community.

Just looking for some possible improvement here (especially getting avatar import fixed and tags) or anything I could help with.

My forum has 47,157 members,  and 59,474 posts in 23,183 threads. It's rather large. lol.