MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: update 1.2.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
None! But you need to move those two files to your main /inc directory and then delete that extra inc folder within the /inc directory! Smile
judel Wrote:None!  But you need to move those two files to your main /inc directory and then delete that extra inc folder within the /inc directory!  Smile

I have lost all forums now, all i can do now in contact my host and ask them to load in the backup for tuesday
huh what did you do? Please stop what your doing and wait for us to figure out what you did wrong.

Did you read what judel read correctly? Did you delete inc/inc or did you delete /inc ?

If you deleted /inc then you did it WRONG. Judel said the inc folder within the inc folder. So that would be inc/inc

On another note, having your host restore a db backup won't help anything and will only make you vulnerable to the high risk security vulnerability.
Kelvin,

One thing at a time.. You may have not lost your database, you may be simply not connecting to it.. Sad

If NOT!

Do you have a backup copy of your database.. ?

Edit:

To avoid all confusion and trying to fix the mess you have got into, follow these instructions and do nothing else. Wink

1. Download a fresh copy of mybb v124 from MyBB.
2. Rename the upload folder to forums2
3. Upload that folder to your public folder (Where you have the other forum).
So you will now have: (Assuming that forum is the name you are using for your forum folder)

/forum
and
/forums2

4. Do NOT install forums2.

5. Copy from - (Download from the "forum")
/inc settings.php and config.php

6. Upload settings.php and config.php to the /inc folder of "forums2".

7. Chmod settings.php and config.php to 666

8. Rename forum to forum-old

9. Rename forums2 to forum.

Now go to your forum and see what happens... Smile
Eeek, I don't know if that will clear things up for him! I was just reading it, and it seemed confusing! LOL *no offense* Toungue

But if you deleted the inc directory, shouldn't you be able to just upload a new inc directory from the download ? Never did something like that, so I'm not sure! Big Grin
He would have to have the config.php and settings.php from the old forum if there is any chance of accessing the database without a lot of messing around. Wink

The Db is no doubt still there.. Just knowing the access strings would make it possible to manually bridge it. Smile But then he would have to install the new ver, or as you say replace the /inc folder.

Better he experiences a new install if not just for the practise. Then the database connection will have to be ascertained. "Host", "Name", "Password" etc... I doubt he has lost the Db completely... Wink

The bottom line.. Install a new MyBB to a new Db if not just for the settings.php, without erasing the existing Db (Make a NEW Db). Then mod the config.php to point to the old Db.
Then at least he will know what the host string is, and the rest should be easy.

Too Easy! Toungue
Thanks for your help, I got it all sorted now with the 1.2.4 update installed, Thanks againg for helping me, as i said i got my host to load in a backup when i lost everything and i asked them if they would do the 124 for me, and everythink is ok now. loading in updates is really the onlything i get confused with......

Thank you

Kelvin

Lopalong Wrote:He would have to have the config.php and settings.php from the old forum if there is any chance of accessing the database without a lot of messing around. Wink

The Db is no doubt still there.. Just knowing the access strings would make it possible to manually bridge it. Smile But then he would have to install the new ver, or as you say replace the /inc folder.

Better he experiences a new install if not just for the practise. Then the database connection will have to be ascertained. "Host", "Name", "Password" etc... I doubt he has lost the Db completely... Wink

The bottom line.. Install a new MyBB to a new Db if not just for the settings.php, without erasing the existing Db (Make a NEW Db). Then mod the config.php to point to the old Db.
Then at least he will know what the host string is, and the rest should be easy.

Too Easy! Toungue
Some of us need step by step instructions until we get used to the way things are delivered and the instructions that come with them.

If you're not a 100% sure of what you need to do next time.. Ask here, or send me a PM..
What do I download if I have never used mybb previously? I downloaded 1.2.4 but I don't see how to use it.
Do you have server space, MySQL.. and file transfer capabilities ?
Pages: 1 2 3