MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Code & Quote Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a forum where I need to post up a lot of codes and stuff and almost every other time that I use it, it expands the width of the board making it look very very ugly. Is there any way I can set these code and quote boxes to a certain width so that they no longer do this no matter how wide or long the content in the code or quote tags are?
Use CSS to put a fixed width and set the x-overflow to auto.
Okay, I did that, so now the width is controlled, however, some text now comes out. Can you give me an example or tell me how to fix it after viewing this:

http://audentio.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=42

Thanks! Smile
Sorry, I just dont know how exactly to get it like you say. How would YOU set the .quote header and body on a fixed skin Toungue?
Is it alright if I bump this?

I just don't understand how to set the quote and codes to a width which doesnt go over my border and mess up the whole thread.
I can't figure it out. Hopefully someone will answer this one besides me! Wink
G'day mate,

I don't think you can break or add carriage returns into code lines so that they wrap at a given point.

Else the code wrappers would not be doing what they were intended to do.

What you see is what you get.. Code normally written with a carriage return of 78 is not going to fold if it's in one continuous string, unless it's not within the code wrappers.

Could be wrong... usually are, and haven't experienced enough MyBB quirks to confirm that. Toungue

Sometimes extra spaces or CR's added into code is disasterous...Sad

php wrappers generally do a better job with code-handling.

Edit:

I've just had a look at the problem on an 80% board (using most of the code you posted) and it seems to be working ok.. But that's not quite as narrow as what you are using.. Maybe there is a limit to how wide the tables need to be to accommodate it.. Wink