MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: bbPress 2.5.8 to MyBB 1.8.6 - Missing file?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I just installed the newest version of MyBB (1.8.6) with the newest Merge System (1.8.6) and wanted to merge my bbPress installation (2.5.8) on Wordpress (4.3.1) to MyBB. It worked fine with the users. No problem at all.

Then I wanted to import the forums and got the following error:

Warning [2] require_once(*pathToInstallation*/forum/merge/boards/bbpress/forumperms.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 296 - File: merge/resources/class_converter_module.php PHP 5.6.13 (Linux)

File 	Line 	Function
/merge/resources/class_error.php 	60 	errorHandler->error
/merge/resources/class_converter_module.php 	296 	debugErrorHandler->error
/merge/resources/class_converter_module.php 	296 	Converter_Module::mark_dependencies_as_run
/merge/index.php 	974 	Converter_Module->mark_dependencies_as_run

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '*pathToInstallation*/forum/merge/boards/bbpress/forumperms.php' (include_path='.') in *pathToInstallation*/forum/merge/resources/class_converter_module.php on line 296

I can't provide a log because I didn't found one, sorry. The merge/logs folder is empty. And I havn't seen a log in the admin panel that would help with this problem.
It seems to me that there is a file in for the merge system missing (kind of obvious considering the error message) so I downloaded the merge system again, but file is still missing.

Can you help me out?

~Shadow-Dragon
Hmm, I see it in the package. Create the mentioned file with the contents here.
Yes, "class_converter_module.php" is there. That's not the point. Sorry, I should have express myself more clearly.

I meant this file "boards/bbpress/forumperms.php".

EDIT: I looked through the other folders now and found a "forumperms.php" in another folder for this other board. I looked further and found in nearly every folder such a file except for bbpress, xenforo and vanilla. Might this be a little mistake in calling the different files because nearly every board has such a file except for the named boards? Because they don't need it or something?
Ah, I missed a check. Will commit a fix later.
Sorry Shadow-Dragon. I see where I misread! You didn't need to be clearer; I just needed to read more closely.
Can you check whether this change fixes your issue? (You can get the whole file here)
The importing progress finished without errors.
Stangely it imported 3 avatars only, but I guess the problem lies within BuddyPress' own avatar system. So not your problem.

And no forums and threads were imported! I've not that much to import but it's not null. O.o
It may be that the wp/bbpress team changed something to their database which causes MyBB to fail loading the forums. I need to update my WP/bbPress installation before I can check that though.