MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can I hide forums for a usergroup ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can set permissions for usergroups, making em not able to view the forums. But can I hide the forums on the index page ?
or even better: how can I hide the thread names under "last post" in these specific forums ?

and another quick one: what's the diference between "Normal Mode" and "Advanced Mode" when I post a thread. Neither could I find an answer in this forum, nor in the online help.
You can hide a forum totally from other people through the Forum Permissions...Just set every permission for every group you do not wish to even see this forum to 'NO' and you're set....
well..that's how I did it anyway....only left Administrators, Moderators and this special group I created allowed to even see it...let alone post in it...

cheers,
Kimmo
YaddaYadda and Kimmo, theres a bug in RC4 that even if you set it like that, it would still show. Its fixed in gold though. You'll have to wait till then!

Quote:and another quick one: what's the diference between "Normal Mode" and "Advanced Mode" when I post a thread. Neither could I find an answer in this forum, nor in the online help.
Click advanced, then click [b] button, then click normal and click [b] button. You should see the difference.
What worked for me was to set the permisions twice, first at the normal forum permissions page, and than at the administer forums (not sure about the correct name, I have another language file installed).
bug or no bug...it's working for me......I went directly to the forum-permissions for that particular forum and it worked...I essentially did it twice as well..