MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error 406
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not sure how to solve this; so I'm seeking help from the community.

Upon creation of my forums, I went to go to the AdminCP located within MyBB 1.8.6 forums so I could edit one of the templates (Home » Template Sets » Modern Templates » Edit Template: showthread) only to notice that I couldn't even edit a single line without it coming up an Error 406.

Quote:Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /admin/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This is quite aggravating since for some reason; the Template I was attempting to upload was to fill in what was wiped from it. Whilst attempting to reupload it; I noticed the new Template (Modern v2 - AKA The one that has no edits; a clean install of the theme) could not transfer the specific bit of code either, without it resulting in the aforementioned error. When I attempt to upload said code, the link affected is http://umbranetwork.x10.bz/admin/index.php?module=style-templates&action=edit_template&expand=14 if that is of any help what-so-ever.

I just edited all of the Modern v2 codes with the Modern codes. But still, I'd like to be able to edit my files.
contact your web host and ask if they are using any additional security (eg. mod_security)
if so, ask to disable it for your site. you may also try .htaccess method to disable mod_security
(2015-09-23, 05:05 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]contact your web host and ask if they are using any additional security (eg. mod_security)
if so, ask to disable it for your site. you may also try .htaccess method to disable mod_security

I disabled it myself; yet the error is still coming up.