MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change the name of 1 table in the database?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are the table names defined in one location, or are they refered to each time an SQL string is called? I need to rename one of my tables, and I'm just trying to see how manyt times the userdetails table is called, before I embark on this bit.

Many thanks

Absolute
They aren't stored in one place.
I did a quick search for " "users " and found 132 occurences.
You should download a program like www.crimsoneditor.com and use the find in folder function, open the files and then use find/replace in files.

Maybe it's like this for Gold.
That many. I think I may change the current site, with only 30 to match the current settings. Thanks for the count though.

Absolute
Well that was searching for "users so it might match something other than what you wanted.
You should look further into it Smile
do a search for
TABLE_PREFIX."users

That should return all ones related to SQL anyway Smile
I didn't know if they were all like that... unless you do reg expressions there might be a space inbetween the .
Um, the 132 occurences included admin files, and all files in the main dir?? Cause I would have guessed there would be closer to 300 or so Confused Afterall, the users tables is the main center of an account. Updating, making new ones, querying perms, etc.