MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Copy Threads Automatically
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,

I've searched about this but couldn't find good results. Perhaps because it's hard to describe the functionality well with just a few words.

Basically, what I want is a plug-in that checks a certain forum or sub-forum. Whenever there's a new thread, this thread's contents and title should be copied over to forum X (which is private), so we can essentially discuss the contents of whatever created thread.

The reason for this is because we're letting people apply via an "application" forum, in which they have to copy-paste a template from a sticky thread, fill it in, and post the thread. This needs to remain public.
However, discussion about whether or not applicant X has done a good job shouldn't be discussed in public, hence my request. 

It would be lovely if someone could take on this request, and if this happens to have been made and I somehow missed it, I'd love a link!

Cheers,
Choomba
You could probably do this with the built in delayed moderation tools. Look in the ACP under moderation tools, add a new thread tool.

EDIT: just tested, no you cant, not easily Sad
I have a very rough and ready implementation of this running on my localhost.

Some assumptions:

The application thread is in forum A, no other types of threads are in that forum, ie it is only to be used for submitting applications

Attachments are not supported.

The discussion threads are in Forum B, other thread types may be in that forum. The thread contains the original post content.

Is this what you are looking for?
Hey,

Apologies for such a slow reply; hadn't visited in a while as I was quite busy.

Indeed, that's pretty much what I was looking for. Any chance you could share it? =)

Thanks for taking the time and effort!
I sent you the file; let me know how it goesSmile
there s an alternative method of blocking all replies, i think its only from guests but if someone can add the groups Toungue

http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=313

if you are using conditionals in template plugin, you can quick edit the theme to hide all replies from certain groups
So you want a plugin that copys the post which will be posted in a specific forum id to a different forum id?
If you still need it I can work on it.
I already made it and sent it. Awaiting reply on if it worked as he hoped. It worked for me.
(2015-10-09, 02:44 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I already made it and sent it. Awaiting reply on if it worked as he hoped. It worked for me.

oh ok Big Grin
(2015-10-09, 02:44 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I already made it and sent it. Awaiting reply on if it worked as he hoped. It worked for me.

just curious, how is sending someone a private reply helping the entire forum? i would like to see this answer too
Pages: 1 2