MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Contests for designing skins and developing plugins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it would be a nice idea to make some contests for making plugins and skins, With good prizes of course Wink, That would make the mods & skins community more active, Which is useful to you (the developers), The modders and skinners, And of course the users who will find more mods.

Just a thought Smile
I've been thinking about something like this for some time. Some kind of theme designing contest for instance might really boost the theming community. The problem I've found however, is finding decent prizes to offer to winners.
Musicalmidget Wrote:I've been thinking about something like this for some time. Some kind of theme designing contest for instance might really boost the theming community. The problem I've found however, is finding decent prizes to offer to winners.
Kodaks' "Last one to post!" contest seems to be doing alright.
People doing what they love to do and perhaps getting rewarded for doing so is all it takes.

Perhaps set themes (Easter, Christmas, Summer, etc) to follow so that every one submitted is not completely different (causing the one picking a winner to be drawn to certain skins because of their own tastes).

Just my thoughts. Smile
Musicalmidget Wrote:I've been thinking about something like this for some time. Some kind of theme designing contest for instance might really boost the theming community. The problem I've found however, is finding decent prizes to offer to winners.

Put them up on the "news box" (Above on forums). Or give them a high PR link from some MyBB site.

Anyways, even without attractive prizes, it can work very well for themes as they usually have a link back to their own website, and if the win, they surely get presented over and over and they (the theme owners) get much publicity.
Another idea could be to have the theme/plugin/etc. be on a static table on the front page of MyBB Mods site.
http://www.mybbfans.com/community/contest-4.html Smile

We might be holding a plugin contest later.
DennisTT Wrote:We might be holding a plugin contest later.

Now THAT is something I could do!
It's more difficult to judge plugins, because they can do anything and can be simple or complex depending on what it does.
DennisTT Wrote:http://www.mybbfans.com/community/contest-4.html Smile

We might be holding a plugin contest later.
Thanks Dennis, And for all who created the contest. Big Grin