MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Speed Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MyBB has issues with speed. Sometimes, it'll take ages to load one page. Since I installed MyBB, I've loved it, but have been experiencing a lot of lagging on my server. How can this problem be solved?
I'm certain that if you having speed issues it your web server or a plugin.
Yes, what hoster are you using? As you can see, there is nothing wrong with this copy of MyBB
You can check the server load in your ACP when the board goes slow. If it's a high number than it's definitely your host.
well, there was only one time when it was 80 or so. Other than that the highest I've seen is 5.
How big is your forum?

You can try modifying some of the settings in Admin CP --> Settings --> Server and Optimization Options to see if they help.
I have this problem about speed...Sometimes i get this in the bottom of my forum:

Generated in 0.0604661 seconds (56.53% PHP / 43.47% MySQL)
MySQL Queries: 9 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0473020
PHP version: 4.4.0 / Server Load: Unknown / GZip Compression: Enabled (and i have fast load)

But sometimes it looks like this.

Generated in 11.7610900 seconds (0.40% PHP / 99.60% MySQL)
MySQL Queries: 17 / Global Parsing Time: 2.8016350
PHP version: 4.4.0 / Server Load: Unknown / GZip Compression: Enabled (and i have incredible slow load)

I have no plugins installed or activated.
Everything in server optimisation in AdminCP is optimased.
Tables are optimased.
Does it matter the level of compresion or something else???
Or it is server issue?
It's definitely a problem with your host. I would be suprised if you were experiencing a DDOS.
Thanks for the quick answer.
by the way..what is DDOS?
Distributed Denial Of Service Attack.
Pages: 1 2