MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to disable sceditor in Quickreply The message is missing. Please enter a message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i upgraded ckeditor to 1.8 version and 
I disabled ckeditor from quick reply box as i don't want any editor in my quick reply now quick reply box shows SCeditor and there is no way to disable it. Also i am unable to post through quick reply SCeditor as it throws me an error  whenever i try to post anything. "There was an error posting your reply: The message is missing. Please enter a message."

So how to disable sceditor in Quickreply?
Moved to Plugin Support.
Ahoi Leefish
isn't Sceditor in the base Mybb?
I thought your issue is related to ckeditor plugin being disabled?
no leefish. i disabled ckeditor from the quickreply box.
Now quick reply box shows SCeditor which i don't know how to disable.
SCEditor does not show by default in the quick reply. Look in the showthread quickreply template and do a diff edit and see what is changed.
There is nothing different in the showthread_quickreply template except for some introductory text. Also the Sceditor doesn't post the reply and throws the following error (as shown in pic below). The chrome console shows follwoing error
"Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'match' of undefined" on thread.js line number360
[Image: p6bRR3T.png]
Does this problem occur on the default theme? What is in the showthread template? Did the ckeditor rep[lace any of your js? Have you run a check that all files are unchanged?
i don't know about the default theme
i have a custom showthread template using xthreads so showthread is completely changed and many files have been edited but none related to the editor.