MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Background Image - Baffled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought I had successfully upgraded one of my forums from 1.6 to 1.8, but then I found I couldn't restore the background image.

There are many threads on this subject here, so much so that I was loath to start another one. However, I followed suggestions in several different threads but to no avail.

The last thing I tried was background: #fff; url(image path goes here); under content. In fact I tried it under content to no avail, under body to no avail and under container to no avail. I also tried adding a repeat element to it and adjusting the container width and other suggestions here.

I've reached the point where I'm completely baffled. The image I'm using is the same image I used in 1.4 and the same image I used in 1.6 and both times it was set up in about 30 seconds. Now after several hours I'm so baffled I'm even considering going back to 1.6.

With 1.8 I just can't make it work. In fact sometimes my attempts had a negative effect and spoilt the proper layout of the page, but the image still didn't show.

Just out of curiosity, I restored one of my old 1.6 templates from a backup and the background image showed immediately. I wasn't surprised. As I said before, in 1.6 you could add a background image in 30 seconds. Just put #fff; url(image path goes here); in the background field of container - that's all.

I seem to have run out of suggestions from reading the threads. Can any kind person suggest anything else I can try? At the moment I'm thinking I either go without a background image or I go back to 1.6. No matter what I do, a background image in 1.8 just won't show for me.
Please try to set the css rules for background like this (without ";" between hexcolor and url):
background: #fff url(imagepath);
Yes that worked! Thank you so much. Smile

However, it worked in 'content', but it wouldn't work in 'container' or 'body'. In 1.4 and 1.6 you could put that line in container and it worked there. Now I have to put it in content for some reason.

Just one more question if I may....

Because I put it in content it means I have the image over the whole page except the header (part of the page above the welcome bar).

Do you know how I can get the same image on to the header?

EDIT: It's OK, I figured it out.  I put the same code under logo background. Lightbulb
So content background and logo background together give me the result I was looking for.
Still it's strange that container doesn't work anymore, as in 1.4 and 1.6. Confused