MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Standalone mybb or Integration with CMS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello- Newbie here Smile

I'm starting a website which will primarily have a blog and forum.  Ideally, I'd have wanted to go with a CMS like wordpress and integrate mybb into it but there are no good plugins for smooth integration of mybb into wordpress

I'm thinking of just installing mybb standalone, but that means that I won't be able to add blog and add other features. Is this true. 

Would really appreciate any guidance.
you can use both MyBB and wordpress without the integration.
(2015-09-27, 08:21 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can use both MyBB and wordpress without the integration.

Ok..but that would mean two different databases right? And users registering on forum would have to re-register on wordpress site to perform any registration only activity like post on a blog or write a new blogpost etc?
its better to use two databases though you can use single database for wordpress & MyBB

And yes, users have to register in both systems, log in separately in each system.

of course, few integration methods do exist but most of them were made for earlier versions of MyBB & wordpress
(2015-09-27, 04:21 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]its better to use two databases though you can use single database for wordpress & MyBB

And yes, users have to register in both systems, log in separately in each system.

of course, few integration methods do exist but most of them were made for earlier versions of MyBB & wordpress

Thanks .m. . And I should be installing mybb on a sub-domain assuming that wordpress is installed on the main domain ?
^ I prefer installing MyBB forum at the main folder & wordpress blog at sub-folder (or sub-domain)
as you said, they can be also installed the other way - wordpress at main folder & MyBB at sub-folder / sub-domain
(2015-09-27, 05:42 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ I prefer installing MyBB forum at the main folder & wordpress blog at sub-folder (or sub-domain)
as you said, they can be also installed the other way - wordpress at main folder & MyBB at sub-folder / sub-domain

Any benefit of doing that(installing mybb as main and wordpress as sub) over the other option?