MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forums with same DB but other template and threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have 2 myBB forums and I connected them to the same DB. But if I change the template at the first forum the second forum is automaticly changed to. And the threads are the same. How can I use my forum with the same users/profiles/number of posts/coockie's??

Please some help

Greetz rutje1
I'd make a second DB for the other forum, and I'd delete the threads table and such.
But if i make a second db the new users are not registered at both forums. The thing is: I go make a "review" site from forum number one so that the user can react on a message in the fist post. Because i must modify the template I need an other DB but I would like that users need to register once. I hope you understand.

Greetz Rutje1

dutch? kunt u pm sturen als u het niet snapt? alvast bedankt.
Well err.. I never had problems when I imported the same users table to another forum o.o users were automatically registered. Maybe you were doing something wrong?

You may send me a PM about it, try to explain it a bit more in detail. Though my method would work just fine.
I try to explain it:

Forum 1 + Forum 2

I wanna use 2 forums at the same moment. I go modify Forum 1 and then use Forum 2 like a "normal" forum.

So if I register at Forum1 and make a profile, that I can use the same logindata for Forum 2.

I would like to have 2 forums with the same userinformation like profile, number of posts etc. But with other Topics, threads, other templates etc.

Do you understeand? Sorry for my language, I speak originally dutch.

Please again some help.

Rutje1
A few days later..

Please, can someone help me? There are more people looking for this, if you can help me please contact or post at the forum.

*T*