MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 404 error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying to install mybb.

My server supports PHP and mysql.

I've chmod'd the two files, and I've quadruple checked my url.

www.minnesotanice.net/forum/install/

I can see all of the files there through FTP, but for some reason I can't get to them through the internet web browser as the instructions tell me.

Any more ideas besides the PHP support and spelling?
Hmm. I can't even access.

/forum/, /forums/, /forums/upload/ or /upload/ (common mistake people make)

Try renaming index.html of http://www.minnesotanice.net/ to like index2.html so you can access it and we can see you folder structure, to find out where it is.
Ok, I renamed index.html to index2.html
um, you must have set it back, cause its loading the same page Confused
No, actually I didn't change it back. I'm looking at it and it says index2.html. I have no idea why it's popping to index during the page load.
Unless I didn't change the right one........

What if I just deleted the web page, would I still be able to install the forum?
Hmm. Perhaps your actually using the wrong FTP. Its weird, I know but Ive done it before, uploadced my forum to another of my accounts Confused that would be why changing the name wont work, and the url isn't working. Do you have any other FTP's? or url's to try?
Yeah, because if you go to something such as index3.html it will also go to index.html. It seems that the user is being forced to go to index.html for whatever reason.
It is just a guess, some providers offer an area where you can store stuff which will not be reahable from the I-Net. Do you have a public_html folder in there?? Try to install the forum there.
Thanks much everyone!!

Hmmm, ok, I got through the install.

Bill was mostly right. It's not called public, it's some strange dsc then some numbers. So, I put the forum in there and viola.. the install screen showed up. The wizard told me I had a successful install and to delete the install directory, which I did. Now when I try to go to the forum, I'm back to the 404 message.

UGG
Pages: 1 2