MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error 404 when trying to install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a website that is hosted by 1and1 through the Microsoft beginner package. I'de like to add a neat forum with custom avatars, signatures, custom titles, and all that good stuff! Big Grin But, I have no clue what I'm doing I know how to access my site through ftp and add html pages other than that I'm lost lol. I tried to upload myBB to my site once and it didn't work. So, is there anyone that could help me out a lot by walking me through the steps to get a forum set up on my site?

Thanks in advance Smile
There are step by step installation instructions in the Documentation folder which is included in the MyBB download package. Alternatively, there are detailed instructions on the MyBB Wiki.

[Wiki: Installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
ok, I'll try those. I tried them before but got lost lol. But maybe I have gotten smarter. And just one more question. someone told me that I couldn't install it on a microsoft hosted server is that right?
To my knowledge, MyBB should install correctly on any server as long as it meets the installation requirements.

[Wiki: Requirements] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Ok, I've uploaded all of the files to my server through Smart FTP v2.5 but it won't let me edit CHMOD, everytime I try to change it it gives me the error: 500 'SITE CHMOD 666 config.php': command not understood
You don't usually need to chmod on windows servers.

[Wiki: HowTo_Chmod] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
I had to switch my server to linux because 1and1 MS hosting didn't include MySQL, sorry I forgot to mention that.
What FTP Client are you using?
SmartFTP v2.5

I called up my host company they said I have to wait 48-72 hours before I can modify permissions after changing my package so I guess I'll find out iof thats the problem in another 2-6 days...Sad
Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm haveing the same problem. Thanks

hascet Wrote:SmartFTP v2.5

I called up my host company they said I have to wait 48-72 hours before I can modify permissions after changing my package so I guess I'll find out iof thats the problem in another 2-6 days...Sad
Pages: 1 2