MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing Reputation System - PERMANENTLY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I HATE the reputation system (sorry) and want to permanently remove it from my forum but I don't know how. Is there a way?
Thanks.
Admin CP > Board Settings > Change > Reputation > Select 'No' under 'Enable Reputation Functionality'
Removing all trace of the reputation system would be a little tricky, but you can completely disable it from the admin cp.

ACP -> Board Settings -> Change -> Reputation -> Enable Reputation Functionality
Yeh I know about that but I want it GONE. VANISHED. I don't want it on the forum anymore.
If anyone knows a way please let me know.
Thanks.
This would require a code modification. Why do you care if it's totally removed versus disabled. They serve the same purpose.
Tikitiki Wrote:This would require a code modification. Why do you care if it's totally removed versus disabled. They serve the same purpose.

Not if a forum has more than 1 admin, the root admin may want it off, but another admin might want it on, so removing it completly disables other admins from enabling it again Smile
Well, if I had other admins on my board, and they knew I didn't want something activated, and they went ahead and did that...well, they wouldn't stay admins! If she has the say so to totally remove it from her forum, then she has the say so to tell the other admins to LEAVE IT ALONE!
The Jackal Wrote:Not if a forum has more than 1 admin, the root admin may want it off, but another admin might want it on, so removing it completly disables other admins from enabling it again Smile
Consider the concept of "communication among staff"

Anyway, if you really want to do something more, you can try this:
1) In the postbit_author_user template (located within the Post Bit Templates category), remove {$post['replink']}
2) In the member_profile template (located within the Member Templates category), remove {$reputation}
3) In the usercp template (located within the User Control Panel Templates category), remove {$reputation}
4) Remove the reputation.php file.
yeah after disabling rep,delete reputation.php from you forum directory
Thanks. I'll try that.
Will Reputation still remain in 'admin cp' > 'board settings' > 'change'?
Pages: 1 2