MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum theme preferences not saving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have some theme preferences on my forum, I am using Majestic theme.

Sadly theme preferences are not saving, so when user closes his browser and uses website again like 2 days later, it doesn't load his own preferences - like background wallpaper or width option.

[Image: B0DY5Q.jpg]

I don't have cookie problem, user can login automatically.
What should I do to make them save?
Although I have to admit that I am not familiar with the interface, I would advise you to take a look at the code which saves the "customization" options. This is most likely saved as a separate cookie with the expiration date either omitted or set to ~2 days. MyBB uses a separate cookie and although your session might persist the customized variables won't.

Since this is a licensed theme I won't be able to help you with the code (since you can't share it) so you might want to contact envira.

If you send me a link to your website I can confirm whenever that is true or not.
I don't think it saves at all, 2 days there was theoretically. When I close my computer and open it, check my website my preferences gets resetted which is very annoying to be honest.