MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alert a Moderator by Banner and/or email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to setup one of my users as a Moderator when anyone posts from within a specific group.
Is there anyway that when a post is made and goes into the moderation queue that...

A banner can be placed at the top of the boards when the Moderator logs in as a reminder that there are posts awaiting moderation.

An email can be fired off to the moderator advsing them the same.

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks in advance.
I am not aware of core features which would make it possible but you can certainly write a plugin to achieve this effect. Are you familiar with the mybb hook's system? If so I recommend you take a look at the content creation hooks and the global hook which would make it possible to set up a notification for the mods. I can give you the exact hook names (I don't know them by heart) if you are interested in making this into a plugin.
Thanks Leefish - I had spotted that one but initially it didnt seem to be finished - the last post about it being in July.
(2015-09-30, 02:52 PM)Wozzer Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Leefish - I had spotted that one but initially it didnt seem to be finished - the last post about it being in July.

It is finished and works very well, the only thing is you have to know is the difference from approving a post to a thread. (A simple thing to work out)

The finished Zip is here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-173075-...pid1171321