MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Attachment quota
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Example: You set the attachment quota for a usergroup to 1000 KB. Then there's the following message on the new thread/new reply/edit post page:
Quote:You are currently using 0 bytes of your allocated attachment usage (976.56 KB)
EDIT: If you set the limit to 1024 KB it says 1000 KB in the frontend. It seems to be a conversion problem. Rolleyes
EDIT 2: In the Admin-CP it says kB and in the Frontend KB. Is it kilobyte and kilobit? Why are there two measuring units for the same thing?
Google search says kB and KB are the same thing.

But it may be wrong. We are however for sure talking about an 8 octet digit.

and I'll try to reproduce this in a bit.
Michael83 Wrote:Example: You set the attachment quota for a usergroup to 1000 KB. Then there's the following message on the new thread/new reply/edit post page:
Quote:You are currently using 0 bytes of your allocated attachment usage (976.56 KB)
EDIT: If you set the limit to 1024 KB it says 1000 KB in the frontend. It seems to be a conversion problem. Rolleyes
EDIT 2: In the Admin-CP it says kB and in the Frontend KB. Is it kilobyte and kilobit? Why are there two measuring units for the same thing?
Well i think they should be bother the same as it seems funny to have it say kB in the admin cp and KB in the Frontend.
kB = kilobyte = 1000 bytes
KB = kibibyte = 1024 bytes

For all practical purposes, 1 byte = 8 bits
laie_techie Wrote:kB = kilobyte = 1000 bytes
KB = kibibyte = 1024 bytes

For all practical purposes, 1 byte = 8 bits

Oo....learn something new everday. Smile
Michael83 Wrote:EDIT 2: In the Admin-CP it says kB and in the Frontend KB. Is it kilobyte and kilobit? Why are there two measuring units for the same thing?

I don't see kB anywhere in MyBB. I did a total search and replace for "kB" (case sensative) and it came up with absolutely no results.
Sorry, it's Kb in admin/usergroups.lang.php and KB in the frontend:
$l['attach_quota'] = "Total Attachment Quota (Kb)<br /><small>Here you can set the attachment quota that each user in this group has. If set to 0, there is no limit.</small>";
$l['size_kb'] = "KB";
I already fixed both (check the SVN)
This bug has been fixed in the latest code.

Please note the latest code is not live on the site or for download. An update will be released which contains this fix.
ok so what is the fix

$l['size_kb'] = "KB";

or

$l['size_kb'] = "kb";
Pages: 1 2