MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login box to welcome panel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Is there a way to display a login box if the user is not logged in and then a welcome panel if they are, I want to add it into the 'login' box here:
http://www.truggler.com/skinboard/index.php

I currently have a login box that doesnt work there...
Alex
here you go...
  1. remove the login box from the header and put it in the header_welcomeblock_guest
  2. change the header_welcomeblock_member with the following
    <table border="0" cellspacing="$theme[borderwidth]" cellpadding="$theme[tablespace]" class="tborder">
      <tr>
        <td class="trow1" width="60%"><navigation></td>
        <td width="40%" class="trow2" style="font-size:11px"> $lang->welcome_back<br />
          $lang->welcome_current_time<br />
          <a href="private.php">$lang->welcome_pms</a> $lang->welcome_pms_usage</td>
      </tr>
    </table>
and just add to the header_welcomeblock_member template the buttons you want to show like user cp, members, body, etc..
thats all..
thank you,
i have one problem though, the login box dosent work =/
Alex
sorry I didn't get that.. would you explain more. may that allow me to help you..
yours.
When I login using the login box I have just created, It still displays the login box, I am using this code:

[HTML]

<form method="post" action="{$portal_url}"><input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_login" />
{$lang->username}<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="text" class="textbox" name="username" value="" /><br />
{$lang->password}<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="password" class="textbox" name="password" value="" />
<input type="submit" class="button" name="loginsubmit" value="{$lang->login}" /></form><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a>

[/HTML]
yes now I can see that now...
but I think it's a problem with the cookies setting not templates..

Edit: I think you fix it now.. here is a screen shot.

[attachment=5884]
Hi mate,
thanks alot it is now working ToungueCoolBig Grin
I now have another problem, I am trying to add more forums, my skin works fine for the first listing but doesnt go into a table on the next, please take a look:
http://www.truggler.com/skinboard/

Alex