MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to make something like soft delete?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yea, but the principle remains the same. For example, if you were to add the usergroup info to the html (as in the tutorial) but on the postbit then you would see the color change.

Like this in classic postbit:

<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<div class="post classic post{$usergroup['gid']} {$unapproved_shade}" style="{$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">

and then this css for admins:

.post.post4 {
   background-color: pink;
}
.post.post4 .post_author {
   background-color: red;
   border-color: transparent;
}
ok, things to watch out for:

make sure you have a space between post{$usergroup['gid']} and {$unapproved_shade}

make sure you put this css code BEFORE the unapproved/deleted etc css in your theme (its in global css) like in the original tutorial
I just tested this on the mybb default theme and it works. You have to put the css in the right place. ie AFTER the trow1 etc and before the unapproved - do a search in the stylesheet and put the css right before the

.post.unapproved_post {
background: #ffdde0;
}

Of course, it only works on the group 4 posts in the classic postbit and if your primary usergroup is not 4 then it wont work; I edited the css a few minutes ago - make sure your css is correct.

pinkred is not a valid color Big Grin
read what I said regarding the css Smile Has the postauthor turned red?
Pages: 1 2