MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Too Many Redirects!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!
i Have on problem with my website, i have upload MyBB 1.8.6 and when i open my website to begin to install it, i get this error. i know the problem is with my website, but i'm using a free Hosting and i'm not geting a answer, so i think maybe you can help me to fix this!
[Image: YqsInHh.png]
Anyone Can Help Me For This ?!
Do you have a .htaccess file?
i can't find it on ftp but htaccess.txt
"ptions -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#
# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.
# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on
# MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server
# errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below
#
<IfModule mod_security.c>
# Turn off mod_security filtering.
SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

#
# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites
# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have
# the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file
# named .htaccess
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+)\.html$ announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

<IfModule mod_env.c>
SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
</IfModule>
</IfModule>

#
# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support
# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to
# the client faster.
#
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript text/css text/html text/xml
</IfModule>

# Note: You are able to choose a different name in the Admin CP. If you've done that you need to change it here too
<Files "error.log">
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
</Files> "
Try downloading this htaccess file and then deleting it from your server, it may be a bad rule. I did have this issue for my site.
i delete it but still i have this problem
Okay, take a back up of your forum and then PM me FTP info and I'll try fix this for you. Or you can wait for someone else who might give you a straight answer but there's so many things I can try!
i send you my ftp info
thank you for help
Don't think this is anything to do with your set up, I've reuploaded all of the files and checked the normal thing and this still persists so I'd contact your host and see what they say.
Okay Smile
if i install MyBB in another website and i import database i will work in this way?
It will need to be on a different host but yes it should.
Pages: 1 2