MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No IP addresses in Who's Online & registration problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there Smile

I've done a search and cannot seem to find a similar problem ... hence the question.

A user tried to register on my site, but it said her IP address had already registered twice in 24 hours and denied her. I relaxed the restrictions and she has registered BUT in Who's Online complete list, there is no IP address for her or any other user.

I got her to do a test post to see if IP was logged and it wasn't ... not are any other IP addresses available.

The only recent change has been the update to MyBB 1.2.4.

Update: I undid the patch to functions.php back to version 1.2.3 and IP addresses are now showing again. Bug ?

Any ideas or suggestions on how to resolve this matter ?

Thanks very much.

Graeme
Not sure what the problem is... But you'll probably want to update to 1.2.4 (again) as it patches you against a rather serious security issue.
Just my two cents. Smile
Yes definately. Updating again is on the cards but if I do that though I won't be able to get more users to register. I don't want to change the registrations from 2 users per IP address to any more at this point in time.

My board has 38 members so is not huge and I do have system backups just in case until I can find out if this error is specific to me or if other users experience the same problems.
My guess is that you didn't apply the patch correctly.

Did you happen to accidentally overwrite the line instead of putting it above the line?
Bingo. Thanks for your help Tikitiki. Problem solved. Big Grin

Graeme
Tikitiki Wrote:Did you happen to accidentally overwrite the line instead of putting it above the line?