MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Very NEWBIE question !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
guys sorry if i am doing a Stupid question ....

But I need of this information , or an idea about numbers ...
This Program , in a Dell computer , Dual core 3 Ghz , 2Gb Ram ...
How many user's can be logged in , simultaneous , without problens !

Logged and reading or Posting , verifying messages ,etc . Working on it! ...
tks

SilverHawk™
I'm not sure. Your best bet would to use some programs to stress test the server (I am correct in saying its a server?) and use that to see what your limits are.

If your asking about the performance of MyBB, you shouldn't have problems with many of users on at a time as long as your stuff is setup correctly.
Tikitiki Wrote:I'm not sure. Your best bet would to use some programs to stress test the server (I am correct in saying its a server?) and use that to see what your limits are.

If your asking about the performance of MyBB, you shouldn't have problems with many of users on at a time as long as your stuff is setup correctly.

Ya , you are correct ! It's a server ...

But my problem is ... I am doing this to Students ... and a very , very large number ...
Are 22 differents scholls and may be , 2/3,000 students logging in at the same time ! because this i asked about the number ! this forum , can support this number ?
Of course I will use a dedicated link to this !
Well, I cannot guarantee that it will work, because we've never had a forum with that many people on at one time (that I know of). However, the code is written for optimal performance, so I don't think you'll run into major slowdowns.
I'd take off the list of users online....might warp your page into format out of this world otherwise Smile With first2% of the page being the forums and rest 98% being the list of usernames currently logged in Smile
Tks guys ...
I will try this software !

SilverHawk™
Yeah, just make sure you "streamline" MyBB by taking out things that would cause a large loading time. Also, limit the number of plugins you use since they take up a lot of processing.