MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgraded, now my smiles dont show up!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi GUYS!

first off, great software.. i use it for both my forums, maxxd.com and superstarDB.com

Anyway, i recently upgraded SSDB to mybb newest version, and hardly any smilies show up on the board?

they show up when u click "Get More" when u create a new thread or reply, but they dont show up on the board!?

I have checked settings.. i have search forums..

I cannot find out why?!?

please help!

thanks! Smile
Hello, can you please provide a link to your forum that is having the smilie problems?
yeah sure

www.superstardb.com Smile

i can give you tester account if you so wish..

EVERY SINGLE SMILIE shows up on the SHow More thing..

Not one shows up on the boards :'(
Looks fine to me. I can see several posts that have visible image smilieys on them.
Make sure you don't tick the disable smilies checkbox.
ok, my bad..

thre really basic ones show up..

the other ones dont..

http://www.superstardb.com/showthread.php?tid=2265

but they all show up in the show more thing
Try not to clump them all together without spaces like this, especially the worded ones. :P:D:lol::lmao:

That might be the problem.

Else, I'm out, sorry.
nope, still nothing..

i could understand the problem if they didnt show up in the Show More thing...

But they do!

Sad

Arrghh my head!
You sure you uploaded them? Were they uploaded in Binary? Or were they set-up correctly in ACP?

Try re-uploading the smilies with all of my reccomendations.
i havent touched the smilies..

they were on the old phpbb installation, and i just ported to mybb.. and since then they have never worked..

they show up in in the Show More popup window, so it cant be anything to do with the method in which the files were originally uploaded can it?
Anyone?

This is probably gonna be something daft!

but i just cant fix it Sad
Can you try rebuilding the smilies cache in Admin CP --> Maintenance --> Cache Manager
I can't get a good night's sleep? Please don't bump your thread for at least 24 hours.

And I've just looked at the site, and the smilies look fine. I can see all of them. Is it just your cache?
DennisTT Wrote:Can you try rebuilding the smilies cache in Admin CP --> Maintenance --> Cache Manager

This has worked.

Thanks Dennis!!!

You have made me, and my members happy again! wooo! Big Grin