MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How DO I control the editor width?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How DO I control the editor width?
the sceditor thank you
(2015-10-03, 08:47 AM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]
the sceditor thank you

File:
jscripts/sceditor/editor_themes/default.css
Line:

width: 100% !important;
what about the width of the sceditor buttons panel thanks

there is one at line 175...but it doesnt work
(2015-10-03, 10:14 AM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]what about the width of the sceditor buttons panel thanks

default.css : 407
div.sceditor-toolbar

This is where you should add a width rule.

(2015-10-03, 10:14 AM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]there is one at line 175...but it doesnt work

Do you mean the width of the editor or the toolbar (buttons panel)?
one of them is breaking my theme, guessing it would be the buttons panel
Can you share the url of your forum? That way we can see which css rule is conflicting with the editor. A demo account would speed up the process so that we don't have to create throwaway accounts. (normal user account will do, no need for admin permissions of course)
whats the difference between the newreply and the newthread templates? apart from the prefixes as far as I can see

BUT the newreply is perfect BUT the newthread is running off the page

localhost at the moment, sorry

Oh yeah i have xthreads on the newthread....does it affect it?
Unfortunately I never used XThreads so I can't help with that, you might want to ask ZiNgA BuRgA about that. If you can provide me with a public demo or at least a screenshot of what exactly is going on I might be able to help.
ok hang on for some screenies

New reply is perfect
http://i.imgur.com/QhntVNP.jpg

New Thread NOT so
http://i.imgur.com/vtI8qls.jpg
I'm afraid I can't help solely from the screenshots, I was hoping the issue will be more obvious but I'd have to see the css rules which are actually applied, otherwise I would be just guessing and I might lead you into the wrong direction. Shoot me a PM if you know of a site where this issue can be replicated and I will take a look.