MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Hidden Admin CP links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure this can be consider a bug, it may be for some like me.

Anyways in config.php you have the option of hiding every link that directs to the Admin CP which is very useful and it gives more security to the Forum. But when you click on "IP logged" below somebody's post on a thread, there is an Admin Option to find users who have registered with that IP which reveals the Admin CP directory.
If it was hidden, admins couldn't use that function...

Hmm, difficult one! Smile
Well the point of this feature is to hide the links in case somebody gets into your account. Therefore you should know what the directory is and access your Admin CP manually. You can find the "Who registered with this IP" easily in the Admin CP. Again, this bug is not for regular Forums who chose not to hide the Admin CP links. But some of us do, but that reveals the directory. Which of course I chose it not to be /admin/
Im with DCR on this one this looks like an oversight and should be hidden IMO.
I agree
This bug has been fixed in the latest code.

Please note the latest code is not live on the site or for download. An update will be released which contains this fix.
How did you solve this, Tikitiki?
in moderation.php find:

if($mybb->usergroup['cancp'] == "yes")
{
	eval("\$adminoptions = \"".$templates->get("moderation_getip_adminoptions")."\";");
}

replace with

if($mybb->usergroup['cancp'] == "yes" && $mybb->config['hide_admin_links'] != 1)
{
	eval("\$adminoptions = \"".$templates->get("moderation_getip_adminoptions")."\";");
}
Thank you Tikitiki Wink
Tikitiki Thans.